"Come along inside... We'll see if tea and buns can make the world a better place."
Kenneth Grahame

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Zucchini pie is awesome.


Forewarning: I am very, very tired.

Last Saturday, I made zucchini pie.  And guess what?  My mama gave me that recipe! So I can give it to you!!!!

Hooray.

FIRST YOU NEED ALL THE STUFF.  Also preheat the oven to 375.

WHAT'S GOOD I AM INGREDIENTZ

4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
1 cup coarsely chopped onion but less if you are afraid of crying and there is only a little bit of onion in the fridge
1/2 cup margarine
2 Tbsp parsley flakes if you have them but I don't
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder, sweet basil, and oregano.  If you have that too.

Cook all these in a skillet until tender (~10 minutes.)

OHHH NOOOOOOOO IT IS HOT!

Potentially more than 1/2 cup, but that's ok.

Then whisk 2 eggs and 8oz mozzarella cheese in a bowl and add them to the zucchini right at the very end, so the eggs don't cook.

For the crust, you need an 8 oz can of crescent roll dough and a roommate who will open it for you because that is some scary shit.

Oh dear god no.

She would die shortly thereafter.

You should probably put the crescent dough in the pie pan while the zucchini is cooking, because you have to pour the zucchini mix in right after you mix in the eggs and cheese.

I promise it will look better in a minute.

Cook it for 20 minutes, let it stand for 10 minutes if you are a more patient person that I am.  Then eat it. The leftovers are good, too.  This recipe has been approved by all three roommates.

Success!

Hokay I am going to bed.

1 comment:

  1. In the freezer section, you can buy a bag of pre-chopped onions. They are perfect for recipes like these, plus you dont have to get all teary chopping them, peel off a million little bits of annoying onion skin, or suffer stinging of the eyeballs when you go to take your contacts out.

    ReplyDelete