"Come along inside... We'll see if tea and buns can make the world a better place."
Kenneth Grahame

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Mama West's Lazy Stuffed Shells

I know I already posted today.  I'm probably going to post again.  I live by my own rules.

Actually, I'm procrastinating because I don't want to write a bio lab, and I remembered that I had three blogs worth of pictures on my camera.  But this meal was way successful, so I'm excited.

Last Friday, I got the urge to make Italian dinner for a bunch of people.  I'm 50% Italian, so that is just a genetic thing that happens every once in awhile.  You can trust me.  I'm in bio 105.

One of the meals my mom used to make a lot at home was these noodles with sauce and ricotta mixed in.  She usually mixed in some cooked ground beef, too, but the recipe is fine without it.  Without further ado--

MAMA WEST'S LAZY STUFFED SHELLS

Ingredients:
A box of shell pasta (or whatever shape you like)
A jar of sauce (I used prego, because some lady in Tops gave me a lecture on sauce and told me to buy it)
A container of part-skim ricotta (I am pretty positive it is 16 oz.)
A chopped up tomato

I also made salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers and green peppers, which is exactly what it sounds like, and garlic bread, which I'll walk you through.

For the shells, just boil them, strain the water, and mix in the sauce, ricotta, and tomato.

Good shit, huh Miroki?

All I did was chop the vegetables and toss the salad, but it was pretty, so here's a picture of that, too.

These were the first fresh vegetables I'd had in days.
They tasted like Jesus.

The garlic bread was easy and delicious.  Cut a loaf of fresh italian bread into slices about an inch wide, butter one side, and broil the slices butter side up.  Then flip the pieces, add butter and garlic to the other side, and broil them again.

I can't say anything sassy about garlic bread.
It is too wonderful.

Overall, the dinner was well received.  I liked having home-cooked mama food.  It was a good night.

Taking a flattering group eating shot=impossible.

This isn't really related to the noodles, but I also made chocolate chunk cookies that night for some friends who helped me with a flat tire.

You know you are Susie Homemaker when you exchange
cookies for car help.

I used nestle chocolate chunks and just followed the recipe on the bag.  They were way tasty.  Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment