"Come along inside... We'll see if tea and buns can make the world a better place."
Kenneth Grahame

Friday, November 19, 2010

Delicious thai birthday dinner

Here's a first for Blanket Blog--I didn't cook this one!  Three/four roommates have birthdays this weekend, including me, and my friend Becky 2 made us awesome thai food to celebrate.  Here is curried tofu and fried noodles.

First, slice extra-firm tofu thin and let it marinate in lime juice.

Don't worry.  I'm scared of cooking tofu too.

Fry up about a tablespoon of red curry paste, sliced onions and a little bit of crushed garlic in olive oil.

Depending on your tastes, this is where it starts smelling
really good or really bad.  AH LOVE IT.

In the meantime, boil a package of lo mein noodles.  You can find them with the foreign food.

EWWWWWW WORMS

Fry the tofu with the vegetables and add some peanuts.

I love peanuts so much.

When the tofu is cooked, add the (drained) noodles and cook the whole thing until the noodles get a little transparent.  Serve it with a little fresh cilantro on top.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm getting pretty awesome
at food photography.  Just saying.

Here is how I felt about this meal.

So yeah.  Cook this and eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment